BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Tuesday, January 5, 2010

New fav book

I've never been very good at reading my bible on a regular basis. For the past few months I've gotten the Upper Room devotional book that the Methodist Church uses and I have really enjoyed it. I still haven't been able to do it everyday, but it's one of my goals that I'm working on. Today's lesson was on James 1: 19-21. Well, after I read that, I just went ahead and read the rest of the book. I have a habit of speaking off the top of my head and it really gave me a reference for the next time I'm about to say something I'd regret. I've realized I'm definitely not a morning person and when I try to get up and read a little before work...it just doesn't happen. So my goal is to sit down about 30 minutes before bedtime to read.

Oh and talk about a guilt trip. I was sitting on the couch eating Reese's (Christmas candy) and watching the Biggest Loser. Well if that isn't enough to make me guilty, here comes Chris "Hey, you want to do the P90X with me?" And I'm like "Uh no, I'm watching the Biggest Loser" As I'm continually munching on the Reese's. He just looks at me, looks at the TV, then the Reese's...and says again..."Hey, want to do the P90X with me?" Needless to say, I got my lazy bum off the couch and we did the ab ripper. Now I'm going to go and curl up in a ball because I can't straighten up anymore.

Lots of things have been going on since the last time I posted. Two wonderful friends of ours got married over New Years weekend! Josh and Lynnsey Vaughn!!! They are just the cutest couple and their wedding was absolutely gorgeous! Everything went so smoothly and it was so nice to see their attendants, they definitely picked a good bunch to surround them that day. It was definitely their day, and everyone there made sure of it.

The other thing is our darn kitchen hot water has frozen. It's really nothing that I'm not used to, since I grew up in an old house. But still it's just the inconvenience of it. Luckily we have awesome landlords, and Lindsey came by to bring us a heater to help thaw it out.

Oh and anyone reading this, please pray for my Pa. He has been in the hospital for the past 4 or 5 days. He only has one kidney left and it is failing. Long story short, he's going to have to be put on dialysis and there is complications with that. We think he is out of the woods now, but he still gets a little confused every now and then, so pray for him and my mom and her sisters as they deal with all of this.

Oh and if you haven't read James lately...I think you should...

0 comments: