I could probably be vegetarian no problem whatsoever. The only problem with that is I'm married to a strickly meat and potatoes kind of guy. Last night we (meaning he) cut up the venison tenderloin Chris's Uncle Jere gave to us. I really hope it tastes good because I'm not sure I'll be eating much of it since seeing it cut up. I've heard that it is really healthy too since it is a lean meat which would be nice. Not only because of the healthy part, but because meat is too dang expensive! I need some good recipes for it though. Chris cut it into serving pieces last night and we marinated it so today we could grill it on the George Foreman. Rhea is bringing us some ground meat which will be good since it is much easier to cook with. But if anyone has any recipes they'd like to share, I'm all ears.
I'm trying my hardest not to be one of those girls who gets married and balloons up. It helps having a fit husband to keep me motivated, but after all those Christmas sweets, I need to get my tail in gear! When we went to Wal-Mart this week, I got lots of veggies and fruit to take to work with me for lunch. Probably the reason they make you lose weight is there is only so much of carrots, peppers, and apples one person can eat. I didn't even eat all my lunch (which never happens), just because after a while it gets old...and this is only Monday! I even brough Ranch dressing (the light kind...ugh) to dip it in! So I'm not sure what I'll be doing the rest of the week...but I'll find some more appitizing alternatives for lunch.
Staying on the "staying fit" topic...I've always wanted to run a race of some sort. Not to win, but to say that I've done it and actually accomplished something. I guess I should start out with a 5K, but I'm probably going to have to wait on that goal until I'm finished with my Masters. I barely have time to breathe, let alone set aside time to run. Hopefully when we move into a more foundationally sound house, I can get a treadmill or something, cause I'm not going to be one of those crazy people running in below freezing weather...however much I'm completely jealous that they have that much will-power. (If anyone has any tips on will-power...I'm all ears).
This has been the most random post and I'll promise pictures next time. It's so boring just reading...so I'll have something eye catchy next time.
Monday, January 11, 2010
Yum yum ew Venison
Posted by Jackie Johnson at 2:31 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment